[reportlab-users] Right-to-Left languages

Ury Marshak reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:47:40 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
> Youch.  I'm not too sure about mixing in mixins everywhere.
> I think I'd rather just add the attributes you want where needed.
> Once we get your modified distro, I will see how to do it.
Not a big fan either, but in this case it seems to nicely encapsulate
the functionality. And I'm still trying to keep the changes to
your codebase down to the minimum.

> I am not at all sure you want to say "this template is RTL".
> Surely it's an attribute of the paragraph itself, or the paragraph
> style, or something attached to some span of the story?
> But I have to study your implementation first and see what I
> am missing.

Generally you'd want to say "this document is RTL" and occasionally
"but this specific table/paragraph is LTR", the PageTemplates and
Frames are just the vehicles to pass this info from the document
down to the paragraphs.

ury

p.s. Somebody said something about late nights? ;)