[reportlab-users] lost patches ?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:06:03 +0100

> All three Python versions say 'Failed to import renderPM.' near the
> beginning of the output, that's why I think my reportlab
> environment is
> not complete.

We ought to put some diagnostics function somewhere, and we
need to make sure our test suite only tries to test functions
which are installed.

renderPM.py is python but it imports _renderPM which is C.
This is ONLY needed for people who want to make bitmap graphics
(GIF/PNG/JPEG) and not for PDF.

Binaries for Windows are in our download area, as is a
tgz file for the latest renderPM source.  It builds with distutils.
Likewise for pyRXP.

The source code is left out of our normal distro in order to keep
the size down, but it can be found in rl_addons/renderPM on our
sourceforge site if you want to get it through CVS.

HTH,

Andy