[reportlab-users] print on non-text-capable printers from DOS software

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:11:42 +0100

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:11:25AM -0000, Andy Robinson wrote:

As for Luc's module, some years ago I worked in a company who had
developped *many* "drivers" for their own accounting application to
make it work under MSDOS identically with most existing printers at
that time. The big problem was "incompatiblities" between printers
which were said to be ESCP/2 or PCL compliant, but which results
differed slightly, and they really had done a very good job to
mitigate this problem.

This company would have probably paid thousands of dollars for Luc's
module (with also PCL support), too bad they don't distribute their
own accounting application anymore... and too bad this work is lost.

> If-it-was-GPL-I-might-be-rich-by-now'ly yours,

It-is-never-too-late'ly yours,

Jerome Alet