[reportlab-users] ReportLab 1.16 Released

Ury Marshak reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:48:36 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:

> 2.  Ury Harshak's left-to-right patch.

Close relative of Ury Marshak's right-to-left patch ;)

> We're still pondering
>     the best way to include this without making big changes,
>     and it's serious enough to do 'just after' a release than
>     'just before'.

I'll upgrade to 1.16 in the meantime and run it for a while.
What are the options you are considering (i.e. what are the minimal
and the maximal sets of changes) ?

A piece of bad news is that there's a change necessary that may
turn out to be somewhat ugly (although localised) - a change in
the paragraph layout logic when both the '<b>' style tags and
mixed directions are present, I didn't get to that part yet.

Ury

P.S. Unfortunately my email has changed, if you tried to contact
me and got no reply, please resend to this address.