[reportlab-users] Papaguino 0.1 beta released

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 10:19:47 +0200 (CEST)

Jerome Alet <alet@librelogiciel.com>:

> I suggest that you don't use RTF but structured text instead, should
> work everywhere and allows text enhancements anyway. Some info
> on STX can be found here :

"Unfortunately", RTF is sort of a "native" format dating back to former
NeXT times. There's even RTFD which is a folder with images... I guess
I'll just move to HTML...

> >   Papaguino.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/localizable.strings
>
> I wasn't able to see these strings because they seem to begin with
> non-ascii characters and my editor broke.

They are in Unicode format, probably UTF-16 and, yes my emacs also
barfs at them. No problem though, I'll send you new UTF-8 sample files
via private email which your emacs will like, too. ;-)

Thanks again,

Dinu