[reportlab-users] PDF Form-Filling Layer

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:01:11 +0100

> I realize that this is a recent and not-completely-standardized addition
> to PDF, and even FOP doesn't have the funtionality mainstreamed into the
> main API yet. However, I do want to assess the prospects of support
> rudimentary textbox and checkbox form-filling in Reportlab. Dinu
> mentioned that it seemed to be not too dissimilar to the annotation
> layer.

I regret that there are some things we charge for, as open source
doesn't pay any bills :-)  Our PageCatcher prouct lets us build
very impressive solutions on top of the PDF library in the
area of form filling, drawing over the top of PDF files.  As
a result we have not concentrated on FDF files.

This is clearly a commercial project.  We would be happy to
add Acrobat form support for a modest consulting fee or
a proper support contract, and can do this very quickly
as Aaron Watters has already done a lot of PDF annotation work
in PageCatcher.  If this is of interest then please email
me directly and we will try to work something out.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson