[reportlab-users] Help resolving ReportLab test errors

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:15:26 +0100

In article <BF29597B-A493-11D6-B82C-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Marc Stober:
>
>> Problem #1 is several XML parser errors when the User Guide is
>> generated. It
>> appears there are unescaped < and & that are passed on to an XML parser
>> in
>> some of the files. If I remove these characters the User Guide scripts
>> run
>> successfully. Is this a bug in the User Guide scripts (I guess not as I
>> can
>> read it on the website) or do I have something configured incorrectly?
>
>I fixed that recently in CVS. Don't know who, but someone must
>have broken this. Normally, changes should be committed only
>after running the test suite...
>
>> Problem #2 is a message, "Failed to import renderPM" when I run the
>> runAll.py test script. Is this something else I need to install?
>
>What traceback to sdo you get? renderPM makes use of _renderPM,
>an optional library, but I don't know excatly what it is able
>to do *without* finding _renderPM. Robin's the guru here...
>
>Dinu

Well we never used to have such errors in the user guide and I don't
have them right now. Unfortunately somebody has just added a silly test
that looks for trailing space and tabs in files that aren't its concern
and I see hundreds of trivial warnings, but according to the final
message 104 tests were run OK

As for renderPM. You only need that if you're planning to use gif, bmp,
jpeg or tiff as an output for graphics. If so you can get win32
precompiled .pyds at www.reportlab.com/ftp/win32-dlls. You will also
need to get hold of the Python Imaging Library PIL.