[reportlab-users] Anybody else hungry for Image shapes?

Paul Winkler reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:01:51 -0400

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:27:17PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> mostly blank, so be it.  Others wanted the keep to show up 'the
> next time you have enough room for it' which was sometimes tricky.

Ugh. As a former proofreader (10 years!) I can recall many
headaches caused by this strategy.  A section of a novel
in which a character is explaining something to others, and
drawing diagrams to illustrate his points. The explanation was
maybe two pages of text and 5 full-page diagrams. The diagrams
were not labelled. Predictably, it was very very difficult
for the poor reader to correlate the visual with the text...
and of course they ignored my suggestions and went to press
with the ugly thing.

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com