[reportlab-users] A couple of TTF fixes

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:13:57 +0100

Marius,

I finally did a little catching up...

> This one fixes a possible saveState()/restoreState() interaction problem

This appeareds to have been checked in already on 28th May.

> This one fixes problems with some fonts (as reported by Dinu Gherman).
> It had appeared on this list before with some discussion following, but
> it's still not present in the CVS for some reason.

Checked in now, sorry we missed it.

> And now for something completely different.  Regarding tab elimination,
> what do you think about eliminating trailing whitespace?

Good idea.  I can't imagine anyone minding, so I just did it.
test_source_chars.py  has some 'secret arguments' so
you can process other directories of files and strip
trailing whitespace too.

> And I would like to ask for adding *.pyc/*.pdf/*.log to cvsignore.
> Would a patch adding lots of .cvsignore files in all subdirs be
> acceptable?
>
> Marius Gedminas
It's much easier to put ONE .cvsignore file in your home directory,
which will suppress pyc files in all your working projects.
Apparently we could do it on the server too but I on't have time
to mess with that tonight.

Thanks,

Andy