[reportlab-users] no linux2 in setup.py?

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:50:08 +0100

In article <r01050300-1015-49D802FA900111D6B669003065D5E7E4@[10.0.0.23]>
, Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com> writes
>Janko Hauser wrote:
>
>> Hello, why is linux2  not in the list of plattforms of the setup.py of
>> the lib directory?
>
>The question really should be: why is there a list of platforms if the
>extensions are plain ansi C that don't depend on external libraries?
>
>Just
well some of the platforms have peculiarities at least for some
extensions. Typical problems occur with socket/networking libraries.

Probably the simple _rl_accel etc is and we should assume so until told
otherwise. That's certainly not true for pyRXP which needs socket libs
and is strange only on sunos5 & aix4. There I suppose I could change to
using the default unless I know of a bad case. As for linux2 we could
just see if nothing blows up.