[reportlab-users] logo(image) in every page header

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:15:14 +0100

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 05:37:28PM +0530, knmurthy wrote:

> yes i am using ReportLab with Zope only

OK.

> can you explain detaly below poient
>
> 1 - Install reportlab in the Zope/lib/python/Shared directory by unpacking
>       the tarball and putting a reportlabs.pth file in site-packages for the
> Zope
>       used with Python.  The path value in the reportlabs.pth file must be
>       relative.  For a typical Zope installation,  the path is
> "../../python/Shared".
>       Remember to restart Zope so the new path is instantiated.

This has to be done only if you use a precompiled Zope+Python binary.

If you use, like me, independant Zope and Python packages (Debian
here), then just simply install reportlab in
/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/reportlab and it's OK.

(under Debian : apt-get install python zope python-reportlab)

If you use a precompiled Zope+Python package (e.g. under Windows),
then I suppose that the above procedure is exact, but I've never tried
it, and so I can't explain more than what is already written.

This installation procedure was contributed by Robin, IIRC.

sorry but I can't help more.

Jerome Alet