[reportlab-users] pyRXP vs ONIX DTD

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:36:49 -0000

> pyRXP is open source so anybody could try and switch it to 16 bit. I
> won't be doing that immediately unless Andy says so. I've not looked too
> deeply at RXP recently so I can't say what would be the likely impact on
> the interface ie would we want to provide Parser8/Parser16 etc and
> attempt to have multiple versions of RXP available.

I understood it was currently a compile-time option.  I certainly will
not accept a change which increases the processing time and memory
requirements for the average 8-bit user. But having a choice of two
parsers would be great and patches welcome on this.

Robin will NOT be working on it unless it actually bites us.  We are
not an XML tools company, we just needed better XML tools to do our
job :-)

You can also solve your problem by scanning the input file for 4 byte
unicode entities and replacing them with UTF8 ones in one very fast
pass with a regex.

- Andy