[reportlab-users] Create links in pdf mark

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:09:47 +0200 (CEST)

Nathalie Mansouri <mansouri@mpi-cbg.de>:

> I am using reportllab to generate pdf on the fly but since
> the <a href > </a> is not supported when using the Paragraph
> fct, I want to find a way to create links after the generation
> of the pdf which means may be modifying the pdf mark and insert
> the Link Annotation. I want to make files uploaded in the form
> submitted to generate the pdf, clickable. In the pdf, I only
> see the title of the file and i need to make it a link to a
> file. Is there any other way to do that using reportlab
> I welcome any other solutions.

There is not much support for changing the PDF *after* it
has been already generated. Therefore you should rather get
more familiar with rumours about a totally rewritten pa-
ragraph model that should implement what you want. Aaron
Watters is the one to nag... ;-)

Regards,

Dinu