[reportlab-users] Flowing Text Around a paragraph.

Adam Summers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:56:29 +0800

Hi all,

I've been using reportlab for a little while now, but have a problem
which I can't find a solution for.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  MY Problem, by A.Author
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  -----------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  If you imagine that the box of X's tothe left is
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  an image, what I want to be able to do is flow a
                    series of paragraphs around the image
so that once the bottom of the image is reached, then text will flow back to the
left margin. I know that it would be possible to something like this
using tables, but I can't see how to have a generic solution.

There are two examples of this in the demonstration section of the reportlab site.
If you look at the "minimal" euro python conference brochure, at the end of the timetable section (page 8), there are adverts for "AdSu" and "O'Reilly". I can see how the AdSu one might be done generically, but the O'Reilly, unsure...

I guess I'm hoping that I've missed something, and that
it's actually easy to do using platypus.
Regards,
Adam Summers