[reportlab-users] Use a flowable on an ordinary canvas?

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:39:25 +0100

In article <20020812163616.81914.qmail@web12904.mail.yahoo.com>, Andy
Robinson <captainrobbo@yahoo.com> writes

>I am going from memory (using web mail in an internet
>cafe) but you can certainly do this with any flowable
>object.  Call wrap() first to tell the object the
>size, then drawOn:
>  f.wrap(width, height)
>  f.drawOn(canv, x, y)
>I think that is the order but please check.
>
>Regards,
>
>Andy
I think the doctemplate classes attempt to ensure that the canvas is set
on the object during wrap, but I think that may be what wrapOn is for.
If that's the case then flowables can ask the canvas about fonts etc etc
rather than having to use globally set defaults.