[reportlab-users] Use a flowable on an ordinary canvas?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:36:16 +0100 (BST)

 --- Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm
looking into the Barcode extension module, just
> to try it out and see
> what I can do with it. All the barcode classes are
> flowables, however. Is
> there anything I can do to just ask a canvas to
> render a flowable at an
> absolute coordinate? All my work is going to be
> nonflowable, so I haven't
> worked with platypus yet (warned that it would have
> thread issues in Zope
> anyway), so I'm operating under the KISS principle
> here. Thanks.

Jeff,

I am going from memory (using web mail in an internet
cafe) but you can certainly do this with any flowable
object.  Call wrap() first to tell the object the
size, then drawOn:
  f.wrap(width, height)
  f.drawOn(canv, x, y)
I think that is the order but please check.

Regards,

Andy

=====