[reportlab-users] diagonal ShadedRect and Clipping ?

Dirk Datzert reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:35:04 +0200

Hi Dinu,

> In some sense, yes, adding attributes like hell is a bad idea, too.
> One might consider adding a shader object outlet to each solid shape
> and delegate the shading "problem" to this object.

that is what I would prefer

> Frankly, I don't like the term background at all. Backgrounds are
> one area where your problem shows up, but the real problem is that
> you want to have arbitrary shading of solid shapes.

using the term background, depends on my unperfect english knowledge of
specific english terminology ;-) Can we call it 'fillmode' or fillObject
? Can we define an attribute 'fillmode' for SolidShapes ?

> >> for iso-lines in GIS applications. But to get there you probably
> >> need to solve quite a few differential equations... ;-)

ok, don't see needs for iso-lines for me :-) but thats really cool to
realize

Regards,
Dirk