[reportlab-users] Help resolving ReportLab test errors

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 01:41:20 +0100

> The point i:s some people are really not very CVS-aware, and there are
> already nightly builds of reportlab into current.zip etc, so I'm not
> sure I understand why there can't be regular and seperate releases
> for _renderPM and pyRXP as well (manual ones and with no nightly
> builds, say)?

There is no reason why there can't be, we just haven't done
it yet :-)

We just finished a big wad of project work and Robin will
spend quite a lot of next week on issues like packaging
and releases.  First priority is to get a 1.15 release out
and make sure we identify all the changes that have happened.
We have a few commercial packages to build on top of that
too.  Thereafter I hope we can produce tagged releases
of those two packages.

At this point I'll repeat an earlier plea.  If anyone knows
distutils well (which we don't), maybe they could make us
distutils setup scripts for reportlab, renderPM and pyRXP
and we could all start testing them.  In principle we're
all happy to comply with it; but we had to write our
own deployment system for customer apps as distutils
lacked stuff we sorely needed, and having done that
we just never made the time to learn it.

thanks,

Andy