[reportlab-users] Anybody else hungry for Image shapes?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 01:23:03 +0100

> Alas Dirk if we were only rational we could accept an ugly name :)
> We are too rational so we'll probably stick with the last of your
> samples ie Image ;))

Yeah, let's do it. The others are all too ugly. My last edict
before going on holiday is that we will keep the name we have:

      reportlab.graphics.shapes.Image

At least for now this is taken to mean a bitmap drawn into a
rectangle as Robin says; if in doubt, follow the semantics
of placing images into PDF or Postscript.  I guess we should
add a drawing with one to our set of test drawings, so each
renderer can be tested; we have a GIF in our test
directory that can be used.

In Release 1.15 (out next week I sincerely hope) these
will be labelled experimental, as I don't know if all back
ends support them.

Also, let's try to make the nature of renderPM more
obvious.  I think if you import it and _renderPM is not
found, it should print a paragraph explaining that this
is a separate optional download, and where to get it.

Thanks,

Andy