NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Jul 20, 2003

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
20 Jul 2003 07:00:03 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Jul 20, 2003

Those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Hope gives us strength. We need strength for the journey of recovery.
We need strength to make the changes that need to be made -- and strength
to grieve the losses which come with change. We need strength to keep on
keeping on. Recovery requires a great deal of physical, emotional and spiritual
strength. We draw that strength day-to-day from hope.

There are times when hope will allow us to soar. We will feel the exhilaration
of change and new freedom. We will think about the future and imagine good
things. We will soar with gratitude and joy because of hope.

There are other times when hope will allow us to run and not grow weary.
 We will keep going. Keep changing. Keep working. Keep feeling. We may get
tired but hope will keep us from getting weary and wanting to give up.
Hope helps us to keep running.

There are other times when hope will allow us to walk without fainting.
 Some days, in our recovery journey, continuing the journey at all is very
difficult. The struggle we face may be so intense that we would faint if
it were not for hope. But hope helps us to take the next step. One slow
step at a time. Step by step, without fainting.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of hope.
Thank you for the days when hope
allows me to soar.
And for the days when it
allows me to keep running.
And thank you for the days when hope
gives me the courage to walk
without fainting.
Thank you for hope.
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/dox/nacrbooks.htm