[DogParkList] Logging multiple call signs with one QSO contact and log entry

Phil Hystad k7peh at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 12:48:53 EDT 2009

A question. What is the convention to log multiple call signs that
are involved in a single QSO and log contact which is identified by
frequency and time. In particular, I am thinking of something like a
small roundtable where you might have two or three others with no
particular main or primary contact.

I am in the process of moving my own logging database into ADIF and
then loaded into MLDX. I am using MySQL as the back bone of my own
logging database and instead of a single call sign associated with a
log entry, I allow multiple call signs that are foreign key referenced
(by date/time of start of QSO) to the main log entry.

My guess is to put the extra call signs in the notes (comments)
section but I was hoping for some method that would allow me to
capture other information. One idea I had was merely to create
multiple log entries all with the same start/end date-times and the
same frequency each identifying a separate call sign. But, is there a
canonical way of doing this in MLDX?

73,
phil, K7PEH