[DogParkList] Odd issue with MLDX 5.03

Larry West viggen at mac.com
Sun Mar 22 09:50:00 EDT 2009

MLDX 5.03 has been, by and large, working fine for me since I upgraded
a short time ago. But I have been seeing some odd "lockups".

Essentially what happens is MLDX will be the foreground app, and for
no apparent reason, I get the "spinning beach ball of death", and MLDX
is largely unresponsive.
I can switch to other apps, and all seems to be working. I can even
switch back to MLDX, and the window comes to the foreground, but I
cannot do anything with it. Tuning the rig does not change the
frequency display in MLDX. Dis- and re- connecting the USB II from the
USB bus does not do anything.

Sometimes MLDX will run for hours, sometimes, for only a brief period
before locking up. The closest thing I can come with as to a cause is
the lockup seems to mostly happen while I'm absent-mindedly tuning the
rig using the tuning knob on the rig. But I'm not exactly 100% on
that. Of course, it seems to only lock up when I need to log a contact!

I have tried to force-quit MLDX, but that does not quite get rid of
everything. The app window goes away, but the icon in the dock still
shows the "active" glowing thingy below the icon. I can't relaunch
MLDX, and I cannot restart or shut down, except with the power button
on my MBP.

I've tried the force-quit from the dock, and from Activity Monitor,
and same result.

System here is a 2.33 Ghz 15" MBP, 3Gig ram, Apple Cinema 20" ADC
display, Apple Bluetooth keyboard & Mighty Mouse, Mac OS X 10.5.6
I often run with MLDX, Mail.app, Safari, Acrobat Pro, and time Machine
all active.
Rig is an IC-7000, connected to the MBP via µHam USB II, and audio
connected (for digital modes) via original iMic.

I thought I spotted in another thread that there is a log I can send
or look at, but I can't seem to locate the thread...

73,

N2LJ
Larry