[DogParkList] MacMemoriesManager

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:35:54 EDT 2009

Hmm

All the reviews seemed good, but one, hey not all good stuff
in the world or on eham necessarily gets 100%. Typically or
statistically speaking most people who write usually write /
call to complain, in general. Eham might be a bit of a
statistical anomaly since most reviews offer a lot of support
but 'us' hams are a unusual bunch. Always going to be a few
people that just don't understand the stuff or don't like it
this is to to small to be a reflection of the program

I really liked the software, and if I am not mistaken is about the
only MAC memory program out there.

On one hand I am sure anyone can understand Don being upset
about getting a bad review , but it wasn't the worst review I've
ever seen, and who knows the validity of the reviewer? Perhaps
he had a bad day, or has an ax to grind? Perhaps the person
isn't 'well' not saying he is or isn't but just who knows?
Perhaps that is just his opinion, were all entitled no matter
how correct or misguided . I would never let 1 bad review
change my mind

My idea would not be to focus on the minority but the overwhelming
majority of people who across many DogPark programs , feel
Don's work is really great.

Mac Memories Manager has worked great for me on many radio's,
worked as it should have and allowed me to enjoy 2 things I
really love , ham radio and Mac together. All the other DogPark
software I've used works great too.

Very sorry to hear it was loosing money, what other mac memory
programs are people using? I really hate programming memories
into the radio using the radio, it's so much easier to use the
program, and allows me to have a back up on disk.

Yes despite all this Don has allowed it to be available for
free, which shows he is the better man ...

When I have the time to compose a well written review for eham ,
yes even thou it's now free I will post it, as a matter of
principle

Continued fan

myles

On Mar 17, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Don Agro wrote:

> A number of people have written to ask what happened to

> MacMemoriesManager.

> Simple. A single review on eHam killed it.

> <http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4038>

> It is now free and unsupported. I used to wonder why more people

> didn't write ham software for the Mac. Now I know.

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW

Going to Dayton '09 It will get better with
more support!

myles D landstein
N2EHG
myles.landstein at gmail.com