[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX V 5.02 Beta

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:59:22 EST 2009

since we all having a nice friendly graphics conversations....

all this 3D stuff and Graphics related ideas got me thinking
about Snow Lep...

Wonder if core animation and or using the graphics processor
to offload are in the cards?

Not saying anyone should do that just wondering if thoughts
were laid down for making use of it?

On Feb 25, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Don Agro wrote:

> On 25-Feb-09, at 6:01 PM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

>> Hmmm - I would have thought it was pretty obvious that if one

>> drags, it moves and when one stops, it stops. Perhaps I'm wrong or

>> assuming too much?

> I think you are assuming too much. I prefer it to snap back to a

> known state but that's just me and I'm not the one who has to answer

> to the users... Oh wait - I am the one who has to answer to the

> users :)

>> And the faster you drag, the faster it spins - although right now,

>> the spin to drag ratio is a little high for me.

> Right now the FURTHER you drag, the faster it spins. If you only

> drag a bit it spins VERY slowly - very cool in full screen mode -

> nice touch: the spin rate transfers between full screen mode and

> application mode seamlessly.

>> Returning to station or spot on mouse button release is ok I guess,

>> since this about seeing the path and not seeing where everything is

>> that you've worked. If your intention is that we will be able to

>> see all our logged QSO's, then I think you'd have to find a way of

>> leaving the globe where we left it.

> What logged QSO's ? - there are only two markers there right now -

> station and spot.

>> I'd prefer not to go back to using Caps Lock to hold it in place

>> though!

> V4 didn't continue to animate. It either snapped back or stayed

> where you put it - no continuous animation - this is a different

> program.

>> And I thought you'd said you were done for the day!

> I'm always up for a good discussion :)

>> What time did you start this morning,

> 4:00 AM Toronto time.

>> I seem to remember seeing a mail from you around 08:00 my time!

>> 73 de M0XDF, MLDXv5.02b7

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW

myles landstein
myles.landstein at gmail.com
please note my new email address
dti will soon be eliminated , gmail is my new home update your dir