[DogParkList] Band plan function FT-2000

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Feb 12 19:13:51 EST 2009

Hi John,

I assume you are still talking about the FT-2000 driver (all 70+
drivers are different).

On 12-02-2009, at 5:43 PM, n1zj wrote:

> As I said i would, I have been exercising the sliders and the

> resource "USA.dat". It seems an old bug has resurfaced.

Thats is very kind of you John, but it would appear that the bug is
not an old bug but is rather, a bug in your edited band plans, and as
you may recall, I advised you that editing of the band plans is
possible but not supported in V5.

> This was the case in V4 until 4.4.3b11 and was repaired in b14

> (probably in b12, but I missed that one)

I also assume you realize that V5 is a total rewrite of V4 and not the
same program or the same drivers.

This has absolutely nothing to do with V4 or any previous emails
regarding V4.

You have edited your band plan to include mode names that are not
recognized by the function in V5 that maps frequency to mode.

Spots from the dxcluster or the band sliders in V5 choose one of the
following modes: CW, USB, LSB, RTTY, FM, AM since those are the only
modes contained in the factory band plans.

Some of the modes you put in there are supported on the FT-2000 when
selected from the mode popup - except for "PKT_H" - I'm not really
sure where you got that one - the FT-2000 doesn't support a PKT-H,
perhaps you were thinking of "PKT-U" ?

> PKT-L,

If selected from the mode popup sends "MD8;" which is PKT-L

> PKT-H,

There is no native radio mode named PKT-H in V5 or in V4, just PKT,
PKT-FM, PKT_U and PKT_L
PKT_U, if selected from the mode popup sends "MDC;" which is PKT-U

> PKT-FM,

If selected from the mode popup sends "MDA;" which is Packet FM

> FSK-R

If selected from the mode popup sends "MD9;" which is FSK-R

> and CW-R.

If selected from the mode popup sends "MD7;" which is CW-R

73 Don Agro VE3VRW