[DogParkList] Comments on V5

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Feb 8 13:43:02 EST 2009

Hi Rick,

On 08-02-2009, at 12:51 PM, Rick Prather wrote:

> 1) The QSL look up display is not on three panels. the current

> spot or lookup is the smaller of the three and where the country

> information used to be. Is the country status lookup window going

> to come back? Wouldn't it be better to have the current QSL in the

> first big window and the country lookup where it was?

The Postal Country of the base call is displayed as "Country" and
directly to the right of it is the the DXCC ID and Country (which may
be a portable prefix or a dxpedition).
Much cleaner than V4.

> 2) If I lookup a call that is in the log I get the nice "WA6xxx is

> in you log 3 times" in the upper left corner but the "Previous"

> panel is missing so I can't easily see the previous QSO's. I know

> I can enter the call in the search box but that's another step and

> not as handy as the old Previous panel.

I think the Previous Panel is gone for good - there were too many
limitations to it's use and it generated a lot of confusion in judging
by my email "In" basket.

> 3) I assume the old "Contest Helper" will be back.

On the Web Page: "QSL, Labels, Memory Panels, Contest Helper, Manual,
and 3D Map coming soon."

> Don, thanks for the help with the AppleScript. Now I get to pursue

> one of my projects and learn enough AppleScript to modify the

> cocoaModem to MLDX lookup script.

You are welcome Rick,

> All in all the program is making great progress and it is close to

> becoming my primary operating aid/logger instead of V4.

That's good to hear Rick, we are getting there.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com