[DogParkList] Comments on V5

Rick Prather rprather at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 12:51:31 EST 2009

I have couple of questions/comments on the current and future
functions of V5.

Don is probably working on these areas but I just wanted to touch
bases with him and the community to make sure we are on the same track
and also to let me know if I am missing something.

1) The QSL look up display is not on three panels. the current spot
or lookup is the smaller of the three and where the country
information used to be. Is the country status lookup window going to
come back? Wouldn't it be better to have the current QSL in the first
big window and the country lookup where it was?

2) If I lookup a call that is in the log I get the nice "WA6xxx is in
you log 3 times" in the upper left corner but the "Previous" panel is
missing so I can't easily see the previous QSO's. I know I can enter
the call in the search box but that's another step and not as handy as
the old Previous panel.

3) I assume the old "Contest Helper" will be back.

Don, thanks for the help with the AppleScript. Now I get to pursue
one of my projects and learn enough AppleScript to modify the
cocoaModem to MLDX lookup script.

All in all the program is making great progress and it is close to
becoming my primary operating aid/logger instead of V4.

Thanks,

Rick
K6LE
MacOSG Tips and Tricks Editor