[DogParkList] Comments about MLDX V5.0b11

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Jan 25 21:08:04 EST 2009

Hi Peter,

On 25-Jan-09, at 7:55 PM, Peter & Amy wrote:

> 1. I noticed that when I import a MLDX 4.3.6 log into MLDX v5 that

> is leaves an extra line at the end of the log. Call, First Name,

> Last Name, etc. If I import two logs there are two of them.

It's the header from the old log file. You can delete it.

> 2. The log database seems to have a column for My Rig. Is there a

> plan to add one for My Antenna?

Not at the moment - no way to sense that electronically, just as easy
to put it in the comments.

> 3. Do you manually have to enter that information (My Rig), or is

> that information planned to be added to the Station Preferences

> pane? (at some time in the future, just curious)

It picks it up automatically from the driver you choose in the Radio
Prefs.

> 4. When I select Connect Radio VFO, I have trouble keeping it

> connected. It will connect at times, and show me the radio Rx

> Frequency, but will not stay selected for more than a minute or so.

> My setup is an Icom IC-706MkIIG with microHam DigiKeyer. Is there

> Debug log that might tell why it keeps shutting off?

Yes. Please enable the "Debug Log" check box in the Radio Prefs Panel,
click the VFO check box on and off a few times and send me the
relevant Console Application Console Messages as well as a screen shot
of your Radio Prefs.

> 5. Also, it will occasionally show the Signal Strength bar, but it

> does not consistently show it.

Also sounds like a communications problem.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW