[DogParkList] [macloggerdx] MacLoggerDX v5.0 for Cocoa Icon Contest

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sat Jan 24 13:50:00 EST 2009

Hi Stephen,

On 24-Jan-09, at 1:40 PM, Stephen Prior wrote:

> I have imported my old .dat file into the new logbook and all of the

> qsos were transferred. However, there seems to have been some

> corruption of the date which has resulted in qsos made in October of

> this year (have not checked other years) appearing as if they had

> been made in January.

> In the old logbook, 20081015 115705 has become 2008-01-15 115700

> (and other examples follow the same pattern).

Interesting - let's see if others experience the same problem.

> Whilst on the subject, I would appreciate a European date option

> with Maclogger as I do find 2008-01-15 not exactly intuitive at

> first glance!

Actually, it is the international standard according to Apple...

<http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSCalendarDate_Class/Reference/Reference.html

"A calendar format is a string formatted with date conversion
specifiers. If you do not specify a calendar format for an object,
NSCalendarDate substitutes its own default. The default is the
international format of “%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %z” (for example,
2001-03-24 16:45:12 +0900)."

I have omitted the "+0900" since we are dealing with UTC or "+0000".

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com