[DogParkList] [macloggerdx] Notes from the Skunkworks

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 12:20:14 EST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 11:58, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Unless there is some easy way to indicate a field isn't required

> for this contest, we could be skipping over 3 or 4.

Perhaps a check box for each field that allows it to be enabled/
disabled. Or a contest preference screen that has that feature for
selecting/deselecting fields to be used in the contest. This might
also be useful in normal operation. For example, right now on MLDX I
have to tab through two sets of contest fields that I don't use for
my normal contacts. That way you configure it at the beginning of a
contest and you're set until the end. The database would have all the
fields, the screen would display them all, but data entry would be
enabled/disabled based on the aforementioned interface. Next contest,
reconfigure a little and tada. Then we just need the ability to
specify which fields are output when exporting ... or does the cab
program do that already? (I hate to admit I'm on that list but still
haven't experimented with it.)

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn