[DogParkList] New (prospective) user and my IC-718

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Mar 14 15:19:46 EDT 2008

Hi Doug,

On 14-Mar-08, at 3:08 PM, Douglas R. Briggs wrote:

> My 718 came with a USB connector rather than the CT-17 connector

> mentioned on the website. Since that doesn't connect to the RS-232

> port on my Mini, no port connection for the USB connection to the

> radio is showing up in the preferences panel. So essentially yes,

> I did RTFM. And I still couldn't make it work.

The Mini does not have an RS-232 port, you plug a USB/Serial adapter
into the Mini USB port and then connect the CT-17 to the USB/Serial
adapter.

> Any guidance here? I'm not interested or capable of brewing my own

> cable -- I'm instead looking for what it would take to make what I

> have work together properly. Any input is deeply appreciated.

You need a USB/Serial adapter AND a CT-17 or you can use a Black Cat
System or microHAM device that combines a USB/Serial adapter with a
CI-V interface.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW