[DogParkList] West Mountain Radio Rig Talk

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Mar 4 06:36:31 EST 2008

Hi Mike,

On 4-Mar-08, at 6:28 AM, Michael Blake wrote:

> Just note to confirm that the West Mountain Radio Rig Talk work

> quite well with MacLoggerDX. I am using the WMRRT with a Core Duo

> iMac and OS X 10.5.2. Mac drivers are available for the WMRRT now

> and it seems 100% stable.

> I am connected to an Icom IC-718 and use a TigerTronics SL USB to

> interface the radio to cocoaModem.

> I have a MacloggerDX question though. Does anyone know how to

> connect the radio to one port (West Mountain Radio RigTalk) and the

> PTT/CW signal leads (RTS/DTR) to a second port (Keyspan USB to

> Serial)? I can connect to the second port via cocoaPTT but I

> would like to control these functions from within MacloggerDX.

> Probably a preference I have missed somewhere.

> Michael Blake

> k9jri at mac.com

The simplest thing is to have cocoaModem tell MLDX to key the radio.
Set cocoaModem's PTT popup to "MacLoggerDX" in the CW Config /Transmit
tab.

When you push the "Transmit" button in cocoaModem, it will tell
MacLoggerDX to key the PTT using whatever method is selected in the
MacLoggerDX Keyer dialog.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW