[DogParkList] [cocoamodem] MaacLoggerDX question

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 17:35:34 EST 2008

That's Don for you - As I said "Trust me on the MLDX" :)
Don's service and support are second to none - he is faster than Elecraft
(who I also think at just great) and as far as I can tell, just doesn't
sleep. :)

Very glad you like it, I think its just great.

you should join the Dogpark Software Reflector (instructions on the MLDX
web). It's not a heavily laden reflector, but the nuggets are pure gold.

On 02/03/2008 22:22, "Michael Blake" <k9jri at sbcglobal.net> sent:

> Dave,

> I sent a note to Don Argo and he confirmed that MLDX only supported S

> Meter readings on selected Icom rigs. The list did not include my

> IC-718. His response was so quick and the other features worked so

> well that I went ahead and purchased the software.

> After about an hours wait I had my registration key and was enjoying

> the software. I sent another quick note to Don letting him know that I

> had purchased MLDX and had it running with cocoaModem and my IC-718. I

> asked that if it were convenient, at some future time, I would

> appreciate having S Meter support as I regularly operated the IC-718

> remotely via Screen Share.

> In less than an hour I had another email from Don letting me know that

> he had added the requested S Meter support and that it was available to

> download. I immediately loaded the updated beta and it worked quite

> nicely.

> While the software is beautifully done and seems to work extremely well

> that is all secondary to the superb support that Don provides.

> 73 - Mike - K9JRI

> --- "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk> wrote:

>> It's not because its unregistered - I believe the ONLY limitation of

>> an

>> unregistered MLDX is the timeout period.

>> Trust me on this one - buy it :)

>> On 02/03/2008 15:35, "K9JRI_PPC" <k9jri at sbcglobal.net> sent:

>>> After having received several recommendations from cocoaModem users

>> I have

>>> downloaded

>>> the trial version of MacLoggerDX. It integrated quite easily with

>> both the

>>> radio and with

>>> cocoaModem via the provided sample applescript but I have not been

>> able to see

>>> the S Meter

>>> displayed from my IC-718. The 718 does provided this function to

>> other

>>> software packages.

>>> Is the lack of an S Meter display a function of my copy's

>> unregistered status

>>> or are Icom

>>> radio's S Meter function just not supported?

>>> 73 - Mike - K9JRI

--
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade
they know they shall never sit in. -Greek proverb