[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and Icom 746

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 06:13:32 EST 2008

Just a comment here - I notice that all the various USB-Serial interfaces,
including microHAM etc require the latest drivers for Intel Macs - that's
generally FTDI and Prolific.

First step in a comms failure involving USB is to check drivers.

Even if a driver came with the kit (like the Elecraft KUSB that is only a
few months old and Prolific chip), go check for a later driver.
And recheck, they get updated quite often.

Just my $0.02 worth

On 29/02/2008 11:04, "Don Agro" <dagro at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

> Hi Gustavo,

> On 28-Feb-08, at 9:50 PM, Gustavo Berges wrote:

>> I'm still using the microHam USB interface IC13. I went to their

>> website and

>> downloaded the Intel driver and installed it and then... Lo and

>> behold, the

>> attachment.

> Fantastic ! I am glad that you have them both working now.

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW

> D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

> email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com

> www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com

> iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com

One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps
someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.
-Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (1934-1996)