[DogParkList] TS2000 computer command set TX mode

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Mon Jan 2 10:27:58 EST 2006

Hi Ron,

On 2-Jan-06, at 12:25 AM, Ron Landrus wrote:

> I currently use cocoaModem to key my TS2000 via the "PKS" pin 9,
> which mutes the microphone audio, good for BPSK.
> When sending an Applescript to MLDX it keys with the front panel
> mic not muted, and no audio via "PKD"  pin 11 is passed,  bad for
> BPSK.
>
> Does Kenwood include  the computer command necessary to key the TX
> with the equivalent of pin 9, and could that be added to MLDX as an
> option/setting.

No, I don't think so. The only way to key the TS-2000 from software
is with the "TX;" command which does exactly as you describe.

> Or is an easy  workaround staring me in the face?

With the appropriate keying hardware you could also key the radio
with the DTR or RTS lines on your serial interface.
You can build your own or use one of the microHAM devices.

I have added the AppleScript properties 'setdtr' and 'setrts' to the
SetRadioParameters command...

SetRadioParameters with properties {setdtr:"1"}
SetRadioParameters with properties {setrts:"1"}

SetRadioParameters with properties {setdtr:"0"}
SetRadioParameters with properties {setrts:"0"}

This is available in MacLoggerDX version 4.2.2b5

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com