[DogParkList] Re: duplicate - flashing MLDX

Chuck Gould gr8tfly at chiligraphics.com
Fri Sep 30 00:29:38 EDT 2005

Don,

As mentioned in earlier email - I did say obviously, a lot of
commercial s/w doesn't need to hold to that standard (and doesn't).
But, it is still a standard held in industry (not military). Factory
automation software is one example. Anyway, I was just using it as an
example that "flashing" is an attention getter which should reserved
for critical notifications.

But - once I've noticed it's a dup, I don't need it to be flashing
anymore. I have it [MLDX] sitting there with K7C in the call input
box for possibly HOURS ready to log a fleeting contact. I don't think
that's unreasonable (having a call pre-entered while attempting a
contact). This "dup" flag is even MORE noticeable now that it's RED,
as opposed to when it was just gray/black (I know, that was probably
your intention...)

It just doesn't seem to be that "mission critical" to have a dup,
especially if it's not a contest. Casual contacts that are dups would
seem to be pretty common - it's nice to see when, and how many times
you've QSO'd with someone. I don't really need something flashing at
me the whole time I'm in a QSO.

Obviously, this has been up for discussion in the past, so I'm
probably rehashing old ground for you.

Wish I had a fighter jet to get confused with... ;-)

-chuck