[Scons-dev] Should we remove python 3.5 from our CI tests

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Sun Jul 22 12:38:50 EDT 2018

I work on a Apache process. The point of the process is to create community. We have people vote on a release or process that range from devs , ops to users. The goal is to not break stuff and make something people want to use.

The project I work on we test on ever platform with different compilers. We only cut a platform when it falls off the supported list. Honestly most of the test failure seem come from "older" platforms when we try to add something new. Having the testing for these system make sure we don't break on the system and for our users.

There is also a voting system used with "negative" votes that is used to prevent stuff from happening. It is often used by Ops people to say that they tested something and it breaks. Don't release. The community works at the point to figure out how to address the issue and go forward with a new vote.

Jason