[Scons-dev] Re PR #171

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Sep 8 08:27:36 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:03 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yesterday I wasted about 4 hours debugging issues with Python 3 listed as:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue20731
> http://bugs.python.org/issue20844
> and one more issue about py.ini

If they are python bugs, is there anything we can do to work around them?
What OS and python version were you using?

and I am not sure that I want to continue dealing with this can of worms.

OK, fine to leave it for someone else then.

I only wish that all bad modifications can be back traced and reverted and
> for
> that they need to come in small chunks in project history, and its good
> when
> the branch point is based on single state during review, i.e. without
> merges.

That sounds like a wonderful goal.  I doubt it's achievable in practice.
 'hg annotate' should help with what you're asking about; yes you may have
to do a few hops to get the original author but I doubt that will dominate
the debugging time for any particular bug.

--
Gary