[Scons-dev] Duplicate issue policy

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:02:01 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM, William Blevins <wblevins001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean 15min looking per day working on an issue?

Exactly. Personally, you can spend as much time as you can, but for everybody
else don't assume that they have more than 15 minutes and you'll get the answer
why things are not moving, not fixed etc.

> I'm not sure if I could even find the source code that needed to be changed
> in 15min.  Trying to find the Copy function was like a needle in a haystack;
> try grep on "copy".

Knowing that you have only 15 minutes, you'd start to think differently. First,
you'd try grepping on "class Copy" and "def Copy", then trying to choose another
entrypoint, like knowing that it is somehow injected into Environment,
start with
API docs for Environment. At the very end of your 15 minutes you start to think
"what can I do know so that the next person who approaches this issue would
not have to start from scratch and get to the same position as I am?"