[Scons-dev] Jar builds fail with SConscript variant directory

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Apr 30 19:36:17 EDT 2014

Hi William,

On 01.05.2014 01:01, William Roberts wrote:

> I typically set up my builds with a hierachical layout and a variant

> directory and do some other things to make it all work together.

> Normally I program in C, and this all works.

> Recently, I tried using java and broke. I have a very simple example

> that doesnt work. If I change the SConscript calls to use a variant

> dir, its broken, if I dont it works...

> Sconstruct:

> <snip>

> SConscript(script)

> #SConscript(script, variant_dir=outdir, duplicate=1)

> <snip>

> <snip>

> #SConscript(script)

> SConscript(script, variant_dir=outdir, duplicate=1)

> <snip>

> it breaks...

> Can someone explain what's going on here? Thanks.

possibly, if you could give us a little more info about your example.
Like, what's in the variables "script" and "outdir"? What's the exact
error message that you get?

You'll also reach more people (=> faster response times and more
thorough discussions) if you post these kind of questions to the user
mailing list first. The developers are subscribed to it too, and will
chime in if necessary.

Best regards,

Dirk