[Scons-dev] link.py

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 07:53:12 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 12:52 -0700, Bill Deegan wrote:

> Russel,

> (IMHO) If the command lines are incompatible with the more or less standard

> link arguments, then there should be a new Tool created to handle those

> differences.

For the moment I have a "work around" in place: the dmd, gdc and ldc
tools make use of special link command for use with the link tool. This
works well for the "compile each source file and then link everything
together" mode. More tidying is needed but it does work.

However for projects not involving mixed D and C/C++, but just D code,
there needs to be a new way of working which is to just compile all D
source code together in a single compiler invocation.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk