[Scons-dev] Subprocess issue on Linux?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 18:31:39 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I just found this talk by Christine Spang, given at the PyCon 2014 in
Montréal:

http://pyvideo.org/video/2640/subprocess-to-ffi-memory-performance-and-why-y

It's really worthwhile to watch, I think. However, I don't think CFFI
can solve our basic problem...it looks as if there is no support for the
redirection of stdout/stderr and only actual library calls can be
wrapped. Does anybody know more about this?

Given our current results with the stubprocess.py wrapper, I'd like to
raise the question again about how to proceed from here in general. I
basically have enough material to show at the EuroPython 2014 in Berlin
(if my proposal gets accepted), but what's our plan for the further
development with this? Your comments are welcome...

Best regards,

Dirk