[Scons-dev] Corrupt cache?

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Fri May 17 05:39:40 EDT 2013

I've recently had a problem with some object being copied to the cache *but* the copy didn't happen because the target thing already existed, but the new object and old object had different md5sums. Not surprisingly this causes very strange problems when the files get copied from the cache.

I'm not sure how to identify what on earth is causing this, and how to trigger a warning if it happens (either on copying to or copying from), as it's a bit of a disaster.