[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu May 9 17:53:54 EDT 2013

On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:06:35 -0400
Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:

> I see this as an iterative process. The first thing was to

> rationalize the tool chain and use one tool for everything. Formerly

> we had a hodgepodge of stuff. Now that it's decently organized,

> there's of course more work to be done to make the doc better, more

> beautiful and readable, and so on -- and we can consider switching to

> alternative tools too; at least everything parses and validates now!

> So it's conceivable to convert it if that makes sense.

Thank you for that. I was simply not aware about the whole context. :-(

Now it is clear and makes much more sense.

Once again, kudos to Dirk for his work on the doc toolchain which is often
thankless job.

> (By the way, I use git at work and for some other open source

> projects, and I have to say, even though it's more complicated and

> the doc is poor and the commands args are inconsistent, I like it a

> lot more than mercurial. Having the right core architecture and

> philosophy makes all the difference.)

Strangely enough, I was avoiding getting 'dirty' with Git always assuming
(prejudices, prejudices...) that's it's very (too) complicated to use, but now
I find it's very pleasurable and easy to use, even easier than some other DVCS
tool (darcs is still the king of UI, imho).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
When your intelligence has passed out of the dense forest
of delusion, you shall become indifferent to all that has