[Scons-dev] SCons, Python 2 and 3

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Feb 9 13:29:48 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> Mike Bayer's advice is to target 2.6 as a floor and then use some of the

> tricks from six, but not six itself per se, to get a single codebase

> working with Python versions up to 3.3. I still think I'd prefer to go

> with 2.7 but his experience indicates 2.4 is possible but 2.6 is better.

> If this is possible and not too terrible, let's do it that way (2.6 rather

than 2.7) because there's still an awful lot of 2.6 out there. (For
instance one of my home servers is running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS which is not
completely ancient, and it comes with Python 2.6.5.) Where should we look
for details of what needs doing; is there a checklist or doc we should all
read?

--
Gary