[Scons-dev] Request for help, SCons builds of D code on Windows

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 13:39:22 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 09:09 -0500, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> I don't think we can just import the whole path on Windows (or any OS) all

> the time when D is in use (it would cause other very random failures). But

> the D tool should definitely find D (and related items) when they are

> installed in the default place for each OS. Failing that, the D tool could

> find D and related items in $PATH and use the full path to D. Or add just

> that dir to env['ENV']['PATH'] I guess. (Note: fixing this so tools can

> have their own PATH is part of my SCons 2013 Projects todo list.)

I agree. Given the SCons statement of position, OPs fix is incorrect.
Dirk and Bill have covered that point, though I am not sure OP is
appreciating what they are saying. My problem is that the D tool is not
behaving correctly and given we have no mechanism for me to write code
that gets a CI on Windows, I'd rather not touch Windows specific code.
Unless I can reproduce this on OS X or Linux I am rather stuck.

I'll hopefully be able to take a look later this week at trying to find
a way of getting Linux and/or OS X to replicate the problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk