[reportlab-users] Patch to support tables with oversize cells

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri May 27 11:53:39 EDT 2022

Hi Lennart,

I ran the patch through our test render mechanism; it generates all the pdfs and then uses a jpeg conversion to allow
automatic comparison. Ideally we should have no differences in most of the pdfs because inRowSplit=0 by default.

Unfortunately we see these differences which are not expected

> reportlab-userguide-page0061
> reportlab-userguide-page0062
> reportlab-userguide-page0063
> reportlab-userguide-page0064
> reportlab-userguide-page0078
> reportlab-userguide-page0079
> reportlab-userguide-page0087
> reportlab-userguide-page0088
> reportlab-userguide-page0089
> reportlab-userguide-page0106
> reportlab-userguide-page0107
> reportlab-userguide-page0108
> reportlab-userguide-page0109
> reportlab-userguide-page0110
> reportlab-userguide-page0112
> reportlab-userguide-page0113
> reportlab-userguide-page0116
> reportlab-userguide-page0117
> test_platypus_tables_2-page0006
> test_platypus_tables_2-page0007

Even though the image differences are found I cannot see differences easily by eye. However, I think the problem is that
some of the lines are either the wrong width or slightly differently positioned/styled.

I placed the pdfs here https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/ from scanning through the image differences using my image
blinker I see obvious change at  reportlab-userguide-page0063/reportlab-userguide-page0087 (horizontal line at the page
bottom) and reportlab-userguide-page0107 (horizontal line at the page top). I see something similar for
test_platypus_tables_2-page0006 & test_platypus_tables_2-page0007 (several horizontals).