[reportlab-users] pillow patch

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed May 11 04:18:21 EDT 2022

On 08/05/2022 09:47, Claude Paroz wrote:
> Le 28.02.22 à 13:55, Claude Paroz a écrit :
>> Le 18.02.22 à 14:37, Claude Paroz a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As far as I can see, pillow is a required dependency of ReportLab, so the attached patch simplifies some parts of the
>>> code to account for that.
>>> I also upped the pillow minimal version as versions before 9.0.0 have known security vulnerabilities.
>>
>> Attached is the same patch rebased after another conflicting patch was applied to main source tree.
>
> Is that patch still considered, or is it a bad idea?
>
> Claude

I tried the latst version of the patch and it applies cleanly to reportlab. However, when I run our full tests I see this

   File "/home/robin/devel/reportlab/.py310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/svglib/svglib.py", line 38, in <module>
     from reportlab.lib.utils import haveImages
ImportError: cannot import name 'haveImages' from 'reportlab.lib.utils' (/home/robin/devel/reportlab/reportlab/lib/utils.py)
!!!!! terminating early because of errors

so it seems that svglib has a reference directly to haveImages; I see this in svglib 1.2.1.

If we are just assuming haveImages is true I can just add that to utils.py