[reportlab-users] Reducing PDF File Size

Joseph Dvorak joseph.dvorak at cambiumassessment.com
Tue Mar 22 17:35:54 EDT 2022

I have a document with 4 pages, each having an image page .png background. There are 2 – 3 additional .png images of varying size on each page as well as a significant amount of text. The document also has 4 TT fonts beyond the built in fonts. I am using the open source version of ReportLab  version 3.6.5 and Python version 3.8.

ReportLab generates a document file of 3.4 MB.

How can I *significantly* reduce the size of the PDF file within ReportLab?

Thanks,

Joe