[reportlab-users] Patch to support tables with oversize cells

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Mar 11 07:33:32 EST 2022

Hi Lennart,

tried the latest patch and it seems better for backgrounds etc etc. See the attached test script which I used to see
what was happening visually some examples are seen with

python lennart-example.py --split=36 --splitByRow=1 --splitInRow=1 --pdfn=sss.pdf
python lennart-example.py --split=58 --splitByRow=1 --splitInRow=1 --pdfn=sss.pdf
python lennart-example.py --split=58 --splitByRow=0 --splitInRow=1 --pdfn=sss.pdf

I haven't run this version entirely though the tests yet, but I will try over the weekend.

As for small tables:
   widow is end of something alone at the start of a page. A widow has a past, but no future.
   orphan is start of something alone at the end of a page. An orphan has no past, but has a future.
thanks again for the effort